Thursday, September 28, 2023

Living Water!

Study break at the Spokane Fair.

I (Paul) have just begun the third course in my Master of Arts Care and Counseling program entitled “Mission Care for Career Transitions.” It is a robust curriculum and a lot of work but enjoyable as I have been able to draw upon my past education and experience to assist me in my studies. It is interesting that there are several missionaries, other than myself, who are in my program as well. There is one thing in my studies, that continues to stand out I would like to encourage you with. 

God’s plan A, at this time, is “the church.” There really isn’t a plan B. Bridget and I, responding to His calling, are sent out from you as an extension of your outreach mindset but the bulk of God’s work happens at the local level. So, what I want to encourage you about is hang in there with your involvement at your church. There are more options for service than I have space to list here so whatever is before you and if you have the ability-talk to the Father (pray) and go forth as He prompts. Oswald Chambers in My Utmost for His Highest reminds us, in regard to John 7:38, “He who believes in me ... out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. ... (emphasis mine), it is not what we gain but what He pours through us that really counts.” 

Please pray with us about: 
  • Our church here and how we get involved! 
  • We aren’t at 100% (financial support wise) of what Proclaim would like us to be at so we continue to welcome opportunities to share our ministry. 
  • Opportunities to connect with more people at Moody Aviation. 
  • We will be welcoming on board here at Moody Aviation our new Associate Dean of Students. Please lift him up in prayer as there is much to learn and many to get to know. Bridget and I will be serving under Him and hope to be able to introduce him to you in a future newsletter. 

Blessings, 

Paul and Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment